Undergraduate Bursaries for South Africans to Study at African Universities, 2018
Investec, in partnership with StudyTrust, is pleased to offer Investec Tertiary Bursary program for the academic year 2018-2019. Bursaries are open to South African students to pursue the undergraduate programme at various local universities.
Bursary applications are invited from young people who aim to study full time towards an undergraduate university (academic) degree in Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments and Finance), BCom Informatics, BSc Computer Science, BSc Information Technology, BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology, BIS-Bachelor of Information Science, Business Science, Science and Mathematics, Engineering or Commercial LLB.
Investec, in partnership with StudyTrust, provides the funding necessary to see young South Africans with academic potential get to university. With our assistance, they are able to study towards financial sector related degrees at various local universities.
Course Level: Bursaries are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Investec offers full bursaries to learners who are planning to study towards the following undergraduate university degrees:
- Commerce (Economics, Business Economics, Accounting, Investments, and Finance)
- BCom Informatics
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Information Technology
- BIT-Bachelors of Information Technology
- BIS-Bachelor of Information Science
- Business Science
- Science and Mathematics
- Commercial LLB
Scholarship Award: Investec offers a full bursary per year towards study-related expenses. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Learn from and be mentored by experienced school teachers
- Access to excellent teaching, learning resources, and technology
- Training in ISASA schools
- Targeted academic enrichment program
- The bursary will fully cover, amongst others, UNISA fees, and textbooks.
Number of Scholarships: Out of thousands of applicants every year, between 50 and 55 are short listed. From those between 35 and 45 are chosen.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
If you’re a young South African citizen who is committed to their academic achievements but doesn’t have the financial means to study further, we are interested in speaking to you. You must however hold, or be working towards, a matric exemption with a minimum of 70% in English and Mathematics (not Maths Literacy) and a 60% pass rate in all your other subjects.
- School leavers with matric exemption (Bachelor pass) and 60% or more in Mathematics, Sciences (Life Science or Physical Sciences) and English
- Tertiary students with Mathematics and Sciences (Life Science or Physical Sciences) credits
- Graduates with Mathematics and/or Science majors.
Nationality: South African students are eligible to apply for this bursary.