Western Cape Government Undergraduate or Postgraduate Bursary in South Africa, 2017
Applicants are invited for Western Cape Government Undergraduate or Postgraduate Bursary. The bursary is available for South African students.
The aim of the bursary is to develop specifically identified external learners in scarce occupational classes to obtain qualifications or additional qualifications.
The Western Cape province of South Africa is governed by a parliamentary system in which the people elect the Provincial Parliament, and the parliament elects the Premier as head of the executive.
Course Level: Bursary is available to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate programmes.
Study Subject: Bursary is awarded in the following fields:
- Fiscal and Public Policy.
- Public Finance (Expenditure and Revenue Analysis and Management).
- Corporate Governance (Risk Management, Corporate Finance, Business and Public Administration).
Scholarship Award: Bursary will cover the following:
- It gives historically disadvantaged students the opportunity to better their qualifications, to develop a pool of talent from which the department can recruit and attract potential employees in the scarce skills category and to develop skills in disadvantaged communities with particular emphasis on building economic empowerment capacity and to enable members of disadvantaged communities to compete in the labour market.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The external bursary is offered to all South Africans between 17-35 years of age who reside in the Western Cape. Applicants must have obtained an average of 60% or higher for the previous year of study at high school, university or technikon and they should not be in possession of another bursary.
- The Financial poverty index with regard to annual household income, in gradients of R150 000 and below, between R150 000-R300 000, R300 000-R450 000 and R450 000
plus is also considered with preference given to disadvantaged candidates. Postgraduate applicants should have already obtained a B. Degree within one or more of the fields indicated above.
Nationality: South African applicants are eligible to apply for the bursary.